Glen Erin School
GLEN ERIN SCHOOL
SITE OF THE FIRST PUBLIC SCHOOL BUILDING IN THE BLACK HILLS. BUILT BY ED WALSH, JAMES DORAN AND GEORGE GUNDLACH. LOGS WERE HAND HEWN FROM NEARBY TREES AND HAULED TO THE SITE BY OXEN. FIRST SCHOOL WAS HELD IN SUMMER OF 1882. TEACHER WAS MR FOWLER. LAST SCHOOL 1920, TEACHER MARGARET ADAIR.
COURTESY OF CUSTER COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY
This Map Large (if available)
This Map Large (If Available)
Mapping is based on best available information. New or changed addresses may not be availble. Use the map for general location. For exact directions always verify for yourself.
All Text and Photos are Copyright Protected by International Law. All Logos and Trademarks mentioned herein belong to their respective owners.